Family Based Immigration
Family-Based Immigration Attorney
At Ana M. Mencini & Associates, P.C. we understand how difficult it can be for family members to be separated from each other because of immigration status. As experienced an immigration law firm we have the skills needed to help U.S. citizens and legal permanent residents petition for family visas. We provide cost-effective and compassionate immigration services.
Understanding Family Based Visas
Like many areas of immigration law, obtaining family visas can be a complex process. Only a limited number of family visas are available each year and they are granted according to family relationship preference as follows:
1. Immediate relatives of U.S. citizens including spouses, unmarried children under 21 years old and parents. There is no wait for an immediate relative visa.
2. Unmarried children over 21 of U.S. citizens get first preference.
3. Immediate relatives of legal permanent residents get second preference. These include spouses and unmarried children of all ages.
4. Married children of U.S. citizens get third preference.
5. Siblings of U.S. citizens get fourth preference.
Spouse and fiancé visas are also available for U.S. citizens who have married a foreign national abroad or who are engaged to a foreign national. K-visas have numerous eligibility requirements and can be complicated to obtain. We are experienced in handling all types family, spouse, and fiancé visas. We will prepare you application correctly, identify any potential impediments to the process, and look for ways to overcome those impediments.
Bringing family members to the U.S. can be a lengthy and complicated process at times. At Ana M. Mencini & Associates, P.C. we remain accessible to our clients at every step. Our goal is to reunite your family as quickly and as cost-effectively as possible. If you are seeking to bring your family member to the U.S., contact our immigration firm to schedule a consultation.